What is Moissanite?
Though you may be learning for the first time about this amazing stone called moissanite, chances are
you have probably unknowingly seen it before. Whether on a stranger walking by with a sparkly rock to
die for on her hand, or a model shimmering in a magazine, this diamond lookalike has fooled countless
people. So what is moissanite?
It is an amazing stone that resembles a diamond in nearly every sense.
To the naked eye it appears just as, if not even more, brilliant than it's expensive natural counterpart. In
a simple traditional thermal probe, this stone even shows up as a diamond. When it comes to the
moissanite vs. diamond battle, test yourself and you will see it is nearly impossible to tell the difference.
It can truly be your own secret. Find a moissanite stone that is the carat you always wished for in a
diamond but couldn't ever imagine splurging on and you will be so glad you did. No scratching or buffing
ever and the stone will never turn cloudy or dull.
- The second-hardest stone in the world. Moissanite is so durable, it's nearly as hard as a diamond. While a diamond score a 10 on the hardness scale, moissanite comes in just below at 9 1/4. In fact, it's harder than sapphire or ruby. When you shop our moissanite rings on sale, you never have to worry about them scuffing or scratching - just like a natural diamond.
- More brilliant than a diamond. It's true - moissanite actually offers more brilliance and fire than natural diamonds. When light enters a diamond, it bends and refracts back out of the gem. But moissanite goes one step farther. When light enters the stone, it breaks in two, increasing its refraction - so you get more dazzle from your moissanite jewelry.
- Nearly colorless. On the diamond color scale, moissanite appears in the near colorless range, making moissanite engagement rings a very popular choice. Ranging from nearly colorless to a very faint yellow, moissanite tends to appear nearly white in a gold, platinum or white gold setting.
- No one has to know. Moissanite tests positive for diamond on traditional thermal probes, so even expert jewelers were fooled when the stone first came out. While today's more advanced testing can now detect moissanite, even a trained eye can't discern it from looks alone. When you buy moissanite jewelry online from Joseph Schubach Jewelers, it's just between you and us.
- More affordable - and safe. You can buy moissanite jewelry online for one-tenth the price of a comparable diamond. Whether you're on a budget or simply want the dazzle of diamonds without the risk of wearing such high-priced gems, moissanite is a great alternative.
- Limited Warranty. Every piece of near colorless Charles & Colvard moissanite is guaranteed to maintain its fire and brilliance forever - so you never have to worry about your moissanite ring becoming dull and lifeless. All color enhanced moissanite is warranted by Joseph Schubach Jewelers for color and brilliance.
For brilliance, durability, beauty and price, there's simply no better alternative than moissanite. Shop now for the best selection of moissanite rings on sale, as well as a wide variety of pendants, earrings and more - or give Joseph Schubach Jewelers a call today at 888-724-8222 for personal advice on your purchase.
« Back to Jewelry Buyer's Guide